COVID -19 is no longer a strange name like it was a few months ago. It is a respiratory disease that affects all age group. The old and those with underlying medical condition have it worse than others; they are more likely to die from it. With symptoms as common as tiredness, fever, sore throat, dry cough to shortness of breath aches and pains. Report has it that very few reported diarrhea and runny nose
WHO has helped to simplify and made available accessible information about COVID-19. Here are some of the basic protective measures you should know
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or rub with alcohol-based sanitizer
- Maintain at least a metre (3 feet) distance from anyone coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes
- When you sneeze, cover your mouth with tissue and discard or sneeze into your bent elbow
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
Debunking COVID-19 MYTHS:
Amidst the panic and fear of not getting infected, it is important you get your facts right and practice safe precautions. Here are some of the myths of COVID-19 or Coronavirus as you choose to call it.
- 5G mobile networks DO NOT spread COVID-19
- Exposing yourself to the sun or to temperatures higher than 25C degrees DOES NOT prevent the coronavirus disease
- You can recover from the coronavirus disease. Catching coronavirus DOES NOT mean you will have it for life.
- Being able to hold your breath for 10 seconds or more without coughing or feeling discomfort DOES NOT mean you are free from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) or any other lung disease.
- Drinking alcohol does not protect you against COVID-19 and can be dangerous
- Taking a hot bath does not prevent the new coronavirus disease
- The new coronavirus CANNOT be transmitted through mosquito bites.
- Garlic may have some antimicrobial properties. However, there is no evidence from the current outbreak that eating garlic has protected people from the new coronavirus.
To date, there is no specific medicine recommended to prevent or treat the new coronavirus (2019-nCoV).
Stay SAFE, FIT and HEALTHY
Meanwhile RAMADAN is just few days from now.
In the spirit of giving, our FREE RAMADAN MEAL PLAN is ready and up for download on our website. Click the link www.slimfitu.com to download.